Addiction Therapist, LCSW, CCS
About the instructor
Hi! I'm Jim LaPierre - a dual diagnosis clinician with a combined
30+ years of experiences in supporting recovery from addiction, trauma,
crisis, and a plethora of bad things that happen to good people:
I’m a straight shooter. My approach is to be completely real and to get down to what most needs to change.
About the 28-Day Support Program for Family & Friends
First and foremost, our hearts go out to you. The founders of SoberNow and all of our coaches have experienced the stress, fear, and even heartbreak of a loved one’s addiction. We have also known the joy of supporting loved ones in overcoming addiction. What you’re going through is beyond exhausting. It’s emotionally draining and you deserve to have support and guidance moving forward.
We have created a 28 day program for family and friends of those in active addiction. This program, along with the availability of live coach sessions will address a multitude of pragmatic needs:
- How to ensure you’re not enabling
- How to do “tough love” in healthy and effective ways.
- Understanding why “hitting bottom” is vital.
- How to be present and available to the rest of your family. (Going through it together not alone).
- Moving your focus from what you cannot control to what you can do.
Our coaches are available for single consultation or ongoing support. We work entirely from your agenda. Our coaches share from personal experience. Our bios speak to our expertise and more importantly, what we’ve lived to tell the tales of.
You can select a coach who:
- Has lived in active addiction but today is in long-term recovery.
- Has been served and/or now works professionally in the field of addiction recovery and can explain how those systems operate. (Different options and what to expect from them)
- Has experience supporting families through the highs and lows of both addiction and early recovery.
- Identifies as:
- Overcoming the legacies of codependent and abusive families
- Overcoming depression, anxiety, and both self-limiting & self-abusive behavior
- Adult Children of Alcoholics/Addicts (ACOA)
- As parents in recovery
- Having experienced physical, mental and emotional restoration and spiritual growth
Our pledge to you is candor. We will be patient and supportive but we will not mince words nor waste your time. If you need truth and guidance in your next steps, go ahead and schedule a coaching session today.
“SoberNow meets a growing and widespread need that is otherwise largely unmet. With its unique combination of immediate accessibility, practical writings, the security of anonymity, and the option of live discussion with qualified coaches, it surrounds its participants with opportunities for high quality and comprehensive support. The brilliance behind the thoughtful design of this program speaks for itself.”Keith Young - Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor & Trauma Specialist
“I’m excited about the doors this online program will open for folks who are in need of recovery. What SoberNow offers is innovative, effective and affordable. Providing this from the comfort of home with complete confidentiality is brilliant!”Kate Kelly M.S.W. - Licensed Clinical Social Worker
“As a therapist, I'm always looking for effective and affordable resources for my clients. SoberNow offers a high quality, low cost, and confidential guide to the most vital aspects of addiction recovery.”Charles McKay M.S. - Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor
“I’m impressed with how down to earth and useful the videos and readings are. They apply directly to my recovery. I like that the program offers small, specific steps I can take each day. I appreciate that Jim picked a song to go with each lesson because that makes it easier to hold on to.”H.B. - Person in recovery and subscriber to SoberNow.com