Thank you for visiting the Web site SoberNow.com. The following guidelines explain SoberNow.com's intellectual property rights and govern your use of this website.
These Terms of Service apply to the entire contents of the present Web site (includes the domain sobernow.com and all its subdomains).
If you are a client of our online programs and coaching services, please note the legal entity you are entering into a contract with is:
Choose Help LTD, a private limited company incorporated in the United Kingdom with registered company number 10890113 whose registered office is at:
22 Notting Hill Gate, Unit 76, W11 3JE, United Kingdom
These Terms of Service are binding documents which govern your use of our services and our provision of the service to you. You are advised to read these Terms of Service carefully. This will help ensure that they contain everything you want and that there is nothing within them that you are not prepared to agree to. If they contain anything that you are not willing to agree with then your only course of redress is not to use any of the services offered by any of our brands.
Your use of this Web site constitutes your agreement to be bound by all terms. If you disagree with one or more of these terms or find them unacceptable in any way, please do not enter or use our Web site. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to SoberNow.com.
If any of the provisions of this Agreement are held unenforceable by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction, then those provisions shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary to allow the remainder of this Agreement to retain its full force and effect. This Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between you and SoberNow.com applicable to its subject matter. It may not be modified except as described elsewhere in this Agreement. Anything on the Web site inconsistent or in conflict with the terms of this Agreement is superseded by the terms of this Agreement.
Information on this Web site does not Constitute Professional Advice!
All data, information, text, graphics, links and other material on SoberNow.com are provided as a convenience to our site visitors. It is for general informational and educational purposes only. Information provided here is not intended to serve as medical advice and is not to be used for diagnosis or treatment of any condition or symptom. Information provided on the site does not constitute the provision or practice of medical, nursing or professional health care advice or services.
You should consult your physician or other qualified health care provider regarding any specific questions you may have. You should never disregard professional advice or delay in seeking treatment based on the information contained on this site or other Web sites linked to or from it.
Disclaimer - Extended
All access to this Web site is voluntary and at the sole risk of the user. SoberNow.com does not warrant the accuracy of any materials on the site or on any other sites linked to or from it. Whereas SoberNow.com strives to present timely and accurate information, it makes no representations that this information is free of errors or omissions that may be considered material. SoberNow.com does not warrant the completeness or correctness, timeliness or usefulness of any opinions, advice, services, merchandise or other materials provided through the Web site. SoberNow.com will not be liable for any decision made or action taken in reliance upon the information provided on the Web site. Except for information, products or services clearly and specifically identified as being supplied or endorsed by SoberNow.com, SoberNow.com does not endorse or recommend anything.
The views of the authors that have submitted content to this site are owned by them alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of SoberNow.com, its management team or owners. Further, SoberNow.com does not recommend any product or service found via any advertisement within this site.
The information contained on or provided by this Web site is for general educational and informational purposes only. All material on the SoberNow.com site is provided on an "as is" basis without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of title or noninfringement or the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. SoberNow.com is not responsible for any loss or damage resulting from reliance on the information or other content posted on this site or from sites linked to or from this site. SoberNow.com does not warrant that the use of this site will be uninterrupted and, although SoberNow.com maintains virus protection on this site, it cannot guarantee that this site is free from viruses of other contaminants that may damage your computer or its data.
By visiting this Web site, you agree to hold harmless SoberNow.com, and any affiliated SoberNow.com entity, its officers, directors, employees and agents from and against all claims, actions, demands, liabilities, judgments and settlements, including, without limitation, from any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive or any other claim you may incur in connection with your use of this Web site, including, without limitation, any economic harm, lost profits, damages to business, data or computer systems, or any damages resulting from reliance on any content or resulting from any interruptions, work stoppages, computer failures, deletion of files, errors, omissions, inaccuracies, defects, viruses, delays or mistakes of any kind, even if you have previously advised SoberNow.com of the possibility of such claim. The user's sole remedy for dissatisfaction with the service is to stop using the service.
Our Rights to Remove or Reproduce any User-Generated Material
For the purposes of this condition, the term “user-generated material” shall refer to any information, content, or any other media uploaded, posted, emailed, submitted, or otherwise communicated to SoberNow.com via any method at any page on SoberNow.com or any other content communication or submission medium or form.
By sharing any contribution or user-generated content (including any text, photographs, graphics, video, audio or any other type of media or content) with SoberNow.com you agree to grant us, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way we deem fit (including the modification, reproduction, repurposing, or deletion of it). You hereby confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe upon any laws of the country from which you are utilizing this site, nor the laws of The United States of America or the United Kingdom, and that you have the full rights to accept this condition.
Special Provisions Applicable to Expert Q&A's
Professional care providers including, but not limited to, psychologists, psychiatrists and social workers sharing any contribution or user-generated content with SoberNow.com hereby confirm that they are following professional codes of ethics and that their contributions on SoberNow.com fall within their jurisdictional guidelines.
By submitting any content to us;
- You declare that you are the sole owner and author of your submission (herein referred to as “User-Authored Content”) and own 100% of all copyrights pertaining to it.
- Your submission to SoberNow.com gives unconditional permission for us to publish your User-Authored Content on the website and if featured, it may be distributed via additional channels like RSS feeds, social network updates and email newsletters.
- Your submission to SoberNow.com also gives unconditional permission for your User-Authored Content to be reprinted in other websites and print publications. We ask publisher(s) to follow our reprint rules as stated below, but you acknowledge that the enforcement of our terms of service for publishers is at your risk and cost and not ours. In other words, if someone violates your copyright -- it will be 100% up to you to take legal action against those who abuse your copyright to protect your interests. If you do not agree to these terms, do not submit your User-Authored Content.
- It is the SoberNow.com Team's sole decision as to whether your User-Authored Content is published and for how long. There are no guarantees made that your User-Authored Content will be published. Quality matters. We reserve the right to remove your User-Authored Content at any time for any reason.
- The SoberNow.com Editorial Team reserves the right to re-classify your User-Authored Content in a topic category that may be more suitable than originally submitted.
- You acknowledge that we do not pay for submissions to our website and we do not require publishers to pay you for their use of your User-Authored Content.
- SoberNow.com is advertiser supported. We reserve the right to publish ads on the same pages as your User-Authored Content.
- If your User-Authored Content does not conform to SoberNow.com’s editorial guidelines, our editors may edit your article so that it does conform to the posted editorial guidelines. Please read our editorial guidelines before submitting your User-Authored Content to save time and speed the article approval process.
Online Account Registration Acceptance
To become a Member of any of our sites you must be at least Eighteen (18) years old. You must complete all of the fields on the registration form(s). You should not have been convicted of any offence, or subject to any court order, relating to assault, violence, sexual misconduct or harassment. You are advised that a breach of this clause constitutes a serious breach of this Agreement.
Your right to cancel under The (UK) Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
This section applies to you if you are a "consumer" as defined under The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Payments) Regulations 2013. You have the right to cancel your contract for the Services within fourteen days from the date of placing your order (Cancellation Period), by using the contact form or writing to our customer service team whose postal address is Choose Help LTD, 22 Notting Hill Gate, Unit 76, London, W11 3JE, United Kingdom. If you cancel your contract for our Services during the Cancellation Period, we shall reimburse you but you must pay for the value of the service that has been provided up to the point you cancel. Also, please note that any deposits paid in advance for coaching services are non-refundable. All reimbursements shall be made to you within 14 days and using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transactions, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise.
Use of the Services
Password(s) and any other information used to identify a Member are strictly private and confidential and must not be passed on or shared with any third parties. To access the Services you will need a computer, laptop and or smart mobile phone. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have (and continue to have) one of these devices including the cost of using these devices.
As a Member you agree not to:
- in connection with the Services breach any applicable law, regulation or code of conduct;
- make comments, broadcast or publish in any form whatsoever Member content or any other content that infringes the rights of others or that is defamatory, injurious, obscene, offensive, violent or can/does incite violence, or is any way shape or form racist or xenophobic;
- in general; not to make any comment (whether in writing or verbally) that is contrary to the purpose of any of our sites' current rules and laws in force or acceptable norms and standards;
- upload photographs, videos and any other information in terms of data or files supplied by a Member that are indecent;
- reveal through the Services any information that enables you to be personally identified or contacted other than through the Services including last name, postal / email address or telephone number; or and you agree not to use the Services for junk mail, spam and pyramid or similar or fraudulent schemes.
At SoberNow.com we put you the Member in control. Therefore for the avoidance of all doubt it is your responsibility to decide which information to publish or send as Member Content. SoberNow.com cannot be held liable for any misuse thereof by any other user or third party. The information supplied by a Member must be accurate and conform to the reality. The consequences of disclosing information on the life of the Member or of other Members are the sole responsibility of the Member concerned.
Consequently, he/she waives all recourse against SoberNow.com, notably on the basis of any possible damage to the Member's right to his/her image, the Member's honour and reputation, or the Member's privacy, resulting from the dissemination or revelation of information concerning the Member under the conditions foreseen by this agreement since the Member has given his/her prior, free and express consent to such revelation through his/her registering with the Service and in application of this Agreement.
We reserve the right not to accept or to suspend or remove from our Services all or part of any profile, or any other Member Content for any reason we deem fit.
We are not liable for Member Content or other activities of Members which may breach the rights of other Users or third parties.
Members are urged to notify us of inappropriate Member Content. You acknowledge that such notification may take place and that we may take steps outlined in this Agreement in respect of such information which comes to our attention.
We reserve the right not to accept or to suspend or remove from our Services all or part of any profile, personal ad or any other Member Content for any reason we deem fit.
We reserve the right to irretrievably delete messages and other Member Content after any period of time if we exercise any right of termination under this agreement.
The use of the Paid Services assumes that the Member has a subscription. Members can acquire a subscription either by using a credit card (on the Internet or by telephone), your Paypal account, or by other payment methods proposed by this site.
The prices and the terms of payment for the different Paid Services are displayed at all times on this site, including at the point when the member chooses to make a purchase. The activation of a subscription on a member's account occurs as soon as, or a few moments after a valid transaction has been completed (successful online transaction). The Member can contact the site at any time to cancel their subscription. The cancellation will take effect from the expiry date given for the active pass, in accordance with Article 15, 'Termination', below.
Members can also subscribe to smartphone applications. These applications can be provided by other service providers (such as iTunes or mobile services providers) and therefore may be subject to other payment conditions than those used and available to Members on any of our sites. Any such applicable terms will only be apply to one-off purchases and all relevant Terms of Service associated with these payments will be brought to the attention of the Member prior to purchase.
A Member may at any time and without the need to provide any reason end his/her registration with us by requesting the closure of his/her account in the area of the website designated for such purposes. Such request shall be deemed effective from the first working day after receipt by us of the request for closure of the account concerned. Such a request does not trigger reimbursement of, if appropriate, any time remaining on the Member's subscription.
Termination of a subscription, by a Member, shall be effective on the applicable subscription's expiration date provided; the Member has contacted us at least 48 hours before their subscription expiration date in order to terminate the subscription. Without prejudice to the other provisions hereof, where the Member commits a serious breach, we will terminate the Member's account without prior notification or warning. Such termination shall have the same effects as a termination by the Member.
The Member will be informed by email of the termination, or the confirmation of the termination, of his/her account. Data relating to the Member will be destroyed at his/her request or upon expiration of the legal time period following the termination of the Member's account.
As noted in herein, Members can also subscribe to smartphone application. Smartphone applications can be provided by other service providers and therefore may be subject to other termination requirements and provisions. Members are urged to consult their Smartphone application for full details.
This Web site is owned and operated by SoberNow.com. The entire contents and design of the site are protected by U.S. and international copyright law. All rights regarding the Web site and materials contained on the Web site are either owned by SoberNow.com, are licensed to it, or are used with permission. SoberNow.com and its licensors retain and reserve all proprietary rights to the contents of this Web site.
You may not copy, republish, upload, post, display, transmit, or frame any of these materials without prior written consent from SoberNow.com. You may link to, view, download, use, display and print a single copy of the materials found on this Web site only for personal, noncommercial and informational purposes as long as: (1) you do not alter or modify the materials in any way; (2) you include all applicable copyright, trademark and other notices and disclaimers; and (3) you do not use the materials in a way that suggests an association with SoberNow.com or an affiliated entity. All such copies must include, at a minimum, the following copyright notice: "Copyright © SoberNow.com. All rights reserved." Any other use of the Web site or the information contained here is strictly prohibited.
SoberNow.com names and logos and all related product and service names, design marks and slogans are the trademarks or service marks of Martin Schoel. All rights are reserved. You are not authorized to use any SoberNow.com name or mark in any advertisement, publicity or in any other commercial manner without prior written consent of SoberNow.com. All other trademarks appearing on the Web site are the property of their respective owners.
Jurisdiction and Venue
Information provided on SoberNow.com 's Web site is not targeted to users in any particular locality nor is it intended to constitute the doing of business in any jurisdiction.
This Web site is a service provided by SoberNow.com and does not constitute any contact with any jurisdiction outside the United Kingdom. Use of this Web site is prohibited in any jurisdiction having laws that would void this Agreement in whole or essential part or which makes accessing the Web site illegal. Users in such jurisdictions visit and use this Web site entirely at their own risk. Note: the essential parts of this Agreement include, without limitation, the exclusive venue and exclusive remedy provisions and the warranty disclaimers.
This Agreement is entered into and performed in the United Kingdom. It is governed by and shall be construed under the laws of England, exclusive of any choice of law or conflict of laws provisions. In any claim or action directly or indirectly arising under this Agreement or related to the Web site, each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of a the English courts. Each party waives any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to these courts.
Requests for Information
If you contact SoberNow.com and request information about our programs or services, we will use your email or postal address to provide the information you requested. In addition, we may send you marketing information to related services we think may be of interest. Providing information to us is voluntary and the information we collect is used only for the purpose for which it was collected.
SoberNow.com stores information on secure servers. While we take all reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality of your information, no one can give absolute assurance that all information will remain secure. Under certain circumstances, it is possible that third parties may be able to intrude on the server and view your information. By submitting information to SoberNow.com, you agree that you are aware of these risks. If you do not wish to submit your information electronically, please telephone us at 1-(310) 878-2562 or email contact[at]sobernow.com.
Liabilities and Warranties
This section (and any other clause excluding or restricting our liability) applies to our directors, officers, employees, subcontractors, agents and affiliated companies (who may enforce this clause under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999) as well as to us. Nothing in this agreement in any way limits or excludes our liability for negligence causing death or personal injury or for fraudulent misrepresentation or for anything which may not legally be excluded or limited (including that which may not be excluded or limited pursuant to the Data Protection Act 1998).
You must give us a reasonable opportunity to remedy any matter for which we are liable before you incur any costs remedying the matter yourself. If you do not, we shall have no liability to you for that matter.
We shall not be liable for any damage to a Member caused or contributed to by that Member, for example by not complying with this Agreement.
Our liability of any kind (including our own negligence) with respect to the Services for any one event or series of related events is limited to five times the total fees payable by you in the 12 months before the event(s) complained of or the sum of £1,000 whichever is higher.
Subject to the foregoing, in no event (including our own negligence) will we be liable for any: economic losses (including, without limit, loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); loss of goodwill or reputation; special, indirect or consequential losses; or and damage to or loss of data (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such losses).
You agree to indemnify us (including our directors, officers, employees, subcontractors, agents and affiliated companies) against all third party claims and liabilities related to your breach of this agreement and/or to your use of the Services.
Links to Other Web sites
SoberNow.com provides links to other Web sites that provide information or services which may be of help to you. SoberNow.com provides these links for your convenience only. It is not responsible for the content of these sites or the programs, agencies, or businesses they describe. SoberNow.com does not guarantee that these sites will meet your particular purposes.
Downloadable Files and Email
SoberNow.com cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that email or files available for downloading from its Web site will be free of viruses or other code that may contaminate or destroy data on your computer. You are responsible for implementing sufficient protective procedures and checks to maintain the accuracy of your data for maintaining a data back-up or other means for the reconstruction of any lost data. SoberNow.com does not assume any responsibility or risk for damage to your computer or its files related to your use of the Web site.
*PLEASE ENSURE YOU READ THIS TREATMENT CONTRACT AS FAILURE TO COMPLY MAY RESULT IN DISMISSAL FROM THE PROGRAMME WITHOUT REFUND *
* ALL STAFF MEMBERS OF SOBERNOW.COM WORK AS PART OF A MULTI-DISCIPLINARY TEAM AND IN ORDER TO PROVIDE THE BEST POSSIBLE CARE TO OUR CLIENTS, INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED WITHIN THE TEAM.
1) Confidentiality. Group discussions are confidential: What is said in group, stays in group! Confidentiality is the most important group rule; without it, members are unlikely to share or even come to group. Members are not able to record sessions. If a group member discloses intended/actual harm to self or others, we will disclose to a clinican or mental health team or next of kin/funder of treatment. We will always involve the member in the process. It is your responsibility to ensure that family members/friends DO NOT view the computer screen when other group members are present. This is to ensure and protect the confidentiality of all group members
2) Attend all sessions on time. Members are expected to make sessions a priority and attend all sessions, arrive on time, and remain for the entire session unless there is an emergency. Members are asked not to eat, smoke or use electronic cigarettes or browse other websites during any session. Only water is permitted during any session. Members who are unable to attend a session are expected to contact the SoberNow.com team at least one hour beforehand. Members who are late to a session without prior permission will not be able to attend. In the event you are going to be late, you need to contact SoberNow.com at least one hour before the session. If a member misses more than 3 groups then they will be dismissed from the programme. A member can postpone the programme to a later date but then you would have to start at the beginning and pay the full amount. In exceptional circumstances, we may need to change the time of a session. Should this situation arise, we will endeavour to ensure the rescheduled time suits all group members. If you are unable to attend the rescheduled time then this will result in you missing that session.
3) Do not use alcohol or illicit drugs before group. Coming to the group under the influence of alcohol or drugs can be disruptive to group interactions and tends to put the focus on the intoxicated member rather than the group as a whole. If a client admits to having had one drink or drug prior to group to 'steady nerves' if they are struggling with anxiety then clinical judgement will be used whether the client can remain on the programme or not. If a member is clearly intoxicated then the member will be asked to leave the group and encouraged to attend an AA/NA or CA group in their area and to contact the team when clean/sober. SoberNow.com's approach is not punitive but important to adhere to group rules with compassion.
4) We ask you not to socialize outside of groups. Socialising outside of the group can undermine members' treatment by blurring boundary issues. Even if members go out for coffee after a group, they form a relationship that others cannot share, and the stronger the relationship, the more likely it is to interfere with group interactions.
5) It is essential not to talk about group members who are not present. Members who are not in the group any longer or unable to attend a session cannot speak for themselves. Discussions about absent members can undermine trust in the group.
6) Complete activities and submit prior to group. Members need to complete each activity after the corresponding group. If you are having difficulty with completing these, please speak to a member of the team for support. Failure to complete activities may result in dismissal from the programme.
7) All members need to participate in all group sessions. It is important for members to actively participate in the group (i.e., share their problems and feelings with others). Participation is very important, as each member is viewed as an agent of change, helping other members, being supportive, and providing feedback to others.
8) Exhibit appropriate behaviours in groups. (1) Take turns speaking and do not talk over one another; (2) respect the rights of others to express their opinions; (3) cell phones must be turned off during the session; (4) profanity, screaming, discrimination and yelling are not appropriate; strong emotions need to be communicated in a manner that is not disruptive and allows group members to help one another. Clients who are abusive and using repeated in-appropriate language will be instantly dismissed from the group. Any remarks relating to racism, sexism, cultural beliefs, gender or any other form of discrimination will result in instant dismissal from the group and may result in dismissal from the programme.
Members should be respectful of one another and of the counsellor. Individual outbursts or disruptions take the focus off of the group process. The counsellor will aim to de-escalate disruptions and refer back to group rules/boundaries and if they continue the counsellor will mute and dismiss the client. The client may be allowed back to a following group after they have had time to reflect on their behaviour (depending on the nature of the behaviour) and would like to apologise. If behaviour is repeated again then subscription will be terminated. Threat of violence or discrimination will not be tolerated and lead to termination of subscription. Threat of violence can be reported to the police.
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT IF AT ANY POINT DURING TREATMENT A MEMBER OF STAFF WERE TO BELIEVE THAT YOU/OTHERS WERE AT RISK OF HARM OR ABUSE OR IF YOU WERE INVOLVED IN AN ACT TERROR THEN THE RELEVANT AUTHORITIES WILL BE INFORMED.
This Agreement and the pages on this website to which these terms refer, constitute a contract that governs the relationship between the Member and SoberNow.com. They cancel and replace any conditions that may have been agreed to in the past, even if not directly withdrawn or amended, and constitute the entirety of the rights and obligations of ours the Members'.